Create your cert request with the Exchange Certificate Wizard
- Open the Exchange Management Console
- Click on server configuration
- Choose “New Exchange Certificate” from the actions menu on the right action pane
- It will prompt for a friendly name, enter a easy name
- Now on Domain Scope, you can check the box if you will be generating the CSR for wild card – else can be ignored
- In Exchange Configuration menu, select the services which you plan on running securely, and enter the names through which you connect to those services, as prompted.
- If you have opted for Wild card this is not required and we can proceed with adding SAN entries based on the requirement – Please fill the below legitimate legal details
– Organization name, Organization Unit, Country/ Region, City/ Locality, State/Province
Note: Please ensure private key is enabled
- Choose the location for the certificate request file output
- Now go the location were the file saved and open it with notepad
- Copy the file and follow below steps in generating and installing certs
Installing with the Exchange Management Console
- Logon to you certificate provider site like godaddy, Digicert, and generate the new cert by using the rekey option,
- It takes few minutes to load your cert
- Click Download and open the ZIP file containing your certificate. .
- Copy the your certificate zip file to your Exchange server.
- Start the Exchange Management Console
- Click on “Server configuration”.
- Highlight the certificate that has been requested for and on Action pane please click complete pending request
- Now you get a pop up for importing the new certificate
- Extract the cert in zip and choose the location while importing the cert were its extracted to, Please ignore intermediate cert on the same folder here
- Please do not forget to choose the services (SMTP,IMAP,POP,IIS)
- Now click finish and perform one IISreset
That is it – We are done!!